I just read your article titled An ACLU Attorney’s Ugly Transformation Into An Anti-Transgender Pundit on the ThinkProgress website. Your contention that “there has never been a single incident of transgender people assaulting someone in the restroom or otherwise abusing their access to those spaces” (a quote from the liberal Media Matters crowd) is not true…either intentionally misleading for your own argument, or woefully ignorant of reality.
I cite six examples taken directly from “The Daily Signal” where men have taken advantage of an access to female bathrooms, showers and locker rooms:
- In 2009, a sex offender named Richard Rendler was arrested for wearing fake breasts and a wig while loitering in a women’s restroom in a Campbell, California, shopping center. Rendler had previously been arrested on charges of child molestation and indecent exposure.
- In 2010, Berkeley police arrested Gregorio Hernandez. Hernandez had disguised himself as a woman on two separate occasions to get inside a UC Berkeley locker room. Once in the locker room, Hernandez allegedly used his cell phone to photograph women.
- In 2013, Jason Pomare was arrested for cross-dressing in order to gain access to the women’s restroom at a Macy’s department store in Palmdale, California. Pomare snuck a video camera in to secretly videotape women while they used the restroom.
- In 2014, Christopher Hambrook—who faked being a transgender person named Jessica—was jailed in Toronto, Canada. Hambrook preyed on women at two Toronto shelters, and had previously preyed on other women and girls as young as 5 years old to as old as 53. Hambrook’s case in particular shows the importance of protecting the privacy and safety of some of our most vulnerable citizens: the homeless and others who seek emergency shelter. And yet, the Obama administration recently proposed a rule that would impose a “gender identity” mandate here as well.
- In 2015, two spying instances were recorded in Virginia—one at a mall and one at a Wal-Mart. Both instances involved a man in women’s clothing who used a mirror and camera to take pictures of a mother and her 5-year-old daughter and a 53-year-old woman while they were in neighboring restroom stalls. The suspect wore a pink shirt and a long wig to present himself as a woman.
In 2016, a man used a women’s locker room at a public swimming pool in Washington state to undress in front of young girls who were changing for swim practice. When Seattle Parks and Recreation staff asked him to leave, the man claimed that “the law has changed and I have a right to be here.” The man was apparently referring to a Washington state rule that allows individuals to use the bathroom that corresponds with their gender identity. However, the man made no attempt to present as a woman.
Your argument for Transgender bathrooms is nothing but an indefensible attack on the safety, security, and privacy of our daughters, wives, and mothers.
Romans 1:26-27 – “For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.”
Travis D. Smith
Copyright 2016 – Travis D. Smith
You must be logged in to post a comment.